Are you looking to meet new people? Are you looking to snag a special someone? Do the characters in your video games have a better love life than you? It might be time to give online dating a try. Still unsure as to whether online dating is really for you? Here are 11 reasons online dating might actually be the answer you are looking for:
1. Meet new people. Whether you are new to an area or looking to expand your current social sphere, online dating could be the solution for you. Even if you aren’t looking for a serious relationship or even a romantic one, (as long as you make your intentions clear upfront so as not to mislead people), online dating could help you enrich your life.
2. You have limited free time. In fact, almost all of your time is spent at work, you busy bee! Don’t force yourself to try to date one of your coworkers out of convenience on your quest to find love. Online dating is just as accessible with tons more options. Continue reading
It may be winter, but this year’s hunting season has already begun.
“Mate poaching,” or stealing someone away from their current partner to claim as your own, is not the answer to your happiness. It doesn’t matter how dreamy you think they are or that you “know” you are meant to spend the rest of your lives together. It doesn’t even matter that their current partner is horrible, doesn’t understand them, or have the time of day for them. None of those things matter. They are taken. Even if you were to poach them from their mate, they are not going to make you happy anymore than you’d be able to make them happy. The reality is that a person poached is more likely to cheat in the future, not susceptible to outside-initiated change, and is currently undeserving of your trust.
We all know the saying: “Once a cheater, always a cheater.” Is it always true? Maybe not. I, like most people, would like to believe that a cheater will realize they have been in the wrong and change their ways. But that’s not how it tends to go. More often than not, “once a cheater, always a cheater” is true. Sad, but true.
One of our previous articles, Tips for an Awesome Double Date, touched on some reasons why you should go on a double date, but sometimes thinking of where to go or what to do is hard! Especially when there is another couple involved that you might not know very well. Here are 31 fun double date ideas for couples to get you out there socializing with other couples right meow.
- Take a class! Whether it’s cooking, art, or athletics, it’s sure to be a good time. Just make sure it’s something you’d all want to do. Bonus points for you all trying something new!
- Meet up for brunch. Brunch is always fun in groups, especially when someone else is there to be three mimosas too deep into the morning with you when your significant other just won’t cooperate.
- Play as individuals or on teams on board game night. You could have each couple bring a game or fall back on a classic. Put out some snacks and you’ve got a fun and affordable double date!
- Have a dinner party, picnic, or potluck. This gives each couple a chance to show off their favorite dish as well as stick to spending whatever amount of money they are comfortable with.
- Take turns grilling on BBQ night. Or stroke someone’s ego by calling them Grill Master and letting them grill up all the hamburgers, hotdogs, veggies, or whatever else you desire to have grilled. Share stories, air, and, of course, beverages.
- Go to a sporting event. Football, baseball, basketball, racquetball, snowball… whatever your sport of choice is, there is sure to be a game in your area. Find fellow fans to partake in the group date and you’re all set. Don’t forget to tailgate!
- Can’t get to the game you want to see? Watch the game on TV. A good attitude and a few snacks are all you need to make this date night a success…as long as it’s a game you’re all interested in watching.
- Go to an amusement park. Who doesn’t like roller coasters, cotton candy, or impossible-to-beat games?
- Got a couple that likes the same type of music as you? How about a couple who looks good in ear plugs? (Just kidding). Find a concert near you and rock out on this sure to please double date!
- Agree to be open to anything and go on a mini road trip. Just see where the road takes you! Or, you know, plan it out ahead of time. You could get away for a day or make a whole weekend of it.
- Antiquing anyone? Go on a day trip! Antiquing not your thing? Make up a different excuse to go on a day trip…even if it’s for the most delicious ice cream.
- Look for a local craft fair or farmers market.
- Play tourists! See your town or city from a new perspective. Dressing the part is encouraged for couples who know how to live a little.
- Tastings! Beer, wine, cheese, syrups (Gilmore Girls fans where are you?), soups, chocolate… you get the idea.
- Go to a movie. Pair it with food or drinks so that you can all socialize as well. This could be a good double date when you aren’t sure you have things to say to the other couple. Let the movie provide an instant topic of conversation.
- See a show. Theatrical performances are loads of fun plus there is an intermission for socializing with your group.
- Miniature golf is always a good idea. Well, maybe not in the cold but yeah. Always.
- Try a progressive dinner! Have drinks, appetizers, entrées, and desserts…all at different places! Note: keep an eye on cost with this one and cut back where needed.
- Is the heat creeping up on you? Get out on the water! Go boating, tubing, skiing, canoeing, wakeboarding, or whatever else you can think of.
- Escape to the beach. Enough said.
- Is the snow falling? Take a snowboarding or skiing trip as either a day trip or weekend getaway.
- Bundle up and go ice-skating. Even if all of you are terrible at it, you’ll have fun laughing at (I mean with) each other as you fall.
- Not too graceful on the ice? Get retro with some roller-skating.
- Go to a bar or party. Nights out on the town are always better in groups. Just make sure that you are going somewhere that you all feel comfortable otherwise you risk one or more people not having fun.
- Visit the aquarium. You like fish, they like fish, and we secretly all want to find Nemo.
- Go to the zoo because everyone likes looking at cute animals.
- Play some pool, air hockey, darts, or what have you at a local establishment. Friendly competition encouraged!
- Grab your fellow outdoorsy couple and go hiking or rock climbing.
- Go bowling! A good excuse to try on other peoples’ shoes and a friendly competition.
- Channel your inner child by playing some laser tag. Eat some pizza afterwards for the full effect.
- Check out a museum. There are museums for all sorts of things. Find one that interests everyone or pick a few and get to oohing, ahhing, and stroking your mustache in heightened interest.
Almost any date can be turned into a fun double date with a few tweaks. Remember, the goal is to find something that would be fun for the whole group and allows you all the chance to socialize. Partaking in an activity can help eliminate potential awkwardness on initial dates and just give you something to do. If the double date doesn’t seem to be going well, don’t feel too bad. These things happen. Know that you tried, make your excuses for cutting the outing short, and don’t give up on double dates!
#doubledates #relationship #dateideas
Relationships involve two different personalities finding away to come together. This involves compromise, and a fair amount of it! However, there are times you shouldn’t compromise –like when it comes to your identity. Making such compromises can make you feel uncomfortable, depressed, and taken advantage of. You should never feel like you need to compromise who you are to make a relationship work. If your partner does not love all aspects of you, then they are the wrong person for you. Here are some things that you should not be compromising on:
Do not stay with someone who talks down to you, tells you what to do, or points out your every “flaw.” You are a human being, same as them, and you deserve respect. They are not “better than you,” “out of your league,” or even irreplaceable. The person you are with should appreciate and respect you. If they cannot offer you that, they do not deserve what you have to offer.
Approaching a stranger can be nerve-wracking. You might make a fool of yourself by stumbling over your words or they might flat out reject you. So why bother going through with such a daunting task? To reap the rewards of course! You’ll never meet someone new if you never approach them. Remember, feelings of embarrassment or rejection only last a moment. The horrible “what if” that plants itself in your stomach and blooms into your mind can haunt you for a lifetime.
That being said, your approach has to be strong. After all, it is someone else’s first impression of you. You want to be remembered for something positive, so make sure you do the approach well. Here are some tips to acing the approach and getting one step closer to finding real love:
Even if you are a nervous wreck, take a few deep breaths and try to act confident. You are just going to talk to another person. It will be okay. Tell yourself in your head that you are confident and you’ll find that you might just be able to trick yourself into confidence.
Body language says a lot.
Know what your body language is saying before you make your approach. Unclench your fists, trade your grimace for a friendly smile, and walk with your head up and shoulders back. Remember, you are trying to ooze confidence here, not let them know just how uncomfortable you really are. Continue reading
Going on a double date can be a fun and affordable way to mix up your date night routine. In fact, a double date can strengthen your relationship. For starters, you’ll get to tell some of your favorite stories again (like how the two of you met) without anyone yawning. You’ll be reminded of how great your partner is at telling stories and get to see them from a new perspective. Plus, a double date is a good excuse for the two of you to get dolled up since the two of you obviously dress to impress.
So are you ready to see what a double date can do for your relationship? Here are a few tips to have a successful night out with another couple:
Choose a good couple to go out with.
They don’t have to be perfect, but there are a few things you should keep in mind when deciding who to double date with. The ideal couple would be at a similar stage in their relationship. At a minimum, you or your partner should know one half of the couple fairly well. It’s even better if both couples know each other (at least in passing) so you can skip the formalities and get to the fun. Look for a couple whose relationship is one you admire or who are at least up for having a good time. Continue reading
We all think we know what the “right” relationship looks like: It’s endless fun, you make each other happier, and bring out the best in one another. While these are all signs of a good relationship, being in the right relationship is more than that. The right relationship is one that you can see yourself in for a long time (maybe even forever?) and, honestly, it is not all smiles and sunshine all the time. So how do you really know when you are in the right relationship? Here are 8 signs that you’ve got more than just a good thing going:
1). You treat each other as equals…because you are equals.
Your relationship should function like a team of two. That means both people in the relationship are important. When you’re in the right relationship, you truly feel appreciated and the give and take ratio feels in place (your partner doesn’t just take and you’re not always the one giving). When big decisions have to be made, you sit down as a couple and discuss things until you come to a decision together.
2). Both of you have the same vision for the future.
While the two of you have different life goals, you have the same big picture in mind. You have talked about where you both want to be as individuals and where you want to be as a couple. This ranges from emotional growth to geographical location. Planning a future together shouldn’t make you feel uncomfortable. It should feel natural and make you both excited about what is in store. Continue reading