One of our previous articles, Tips for an Awesome Double Date, touched on some reasons why you should go on a double date, but sometimes thinking of where to go or what to do is hard! Especially when there is another couple involved that you might not know very well. Here are 31 fun double date ideas for couples to get you out there socializing with other couples right meow.
- Take a class! Whether it’s cooking, art, or athletics, it’s sure to be a good time. Just make sure it’s something you’d all want to do. Bonus points for you all trying something new!
- Meet up for brunch. Brunch is always fun in groups, especially when someone else is there to be three mimosas too deep into the morning with you when your significant other just won’t cooperate.
- Play as individuals or on teams on board game night. You could have each couple bring a game or fall back on a classic. Put out some snacks and you’ve got a fun and affordable double date!
- Have a dinner party, picnic, or potluck. This gives each couple a chance to show off their favorite dish as well as stick to spending whatever amount of money they are comfortable with.
- Take turns grilling on BBQ night. Or stroke someone’s ego by calling them Grill Master and letting them grill up all the hamburgers, hotdogs, veggies, or whatever else you desire to have grilled. Share stories, air, and, of course, beverages.
- Go to a sporting event. Football, baseball, basketball, racquetball, snowball… whatever your sport of choice is, there is sure to be a game in your area. Find fellow fans to partake in the group date and you’re all set. Don’t forget to tailgate!
- Can’t get to the game you want to see? Watch the game on TV. A good attitude and a few snacks are all you need to make this date night a success…as long as it’s a game you’re all interested in watching.
- Go to an amusement park. Who doesn’t like roller coasters, cotton candy, or impossible-to-beat games?
- Got a couple that likes the same type of music as you? How about a couple who looks good in ear plugs? (Just kidding). Find a concert near you and rock out on this sure to please double date!
- Agree to be open to anything and go on a mini road trip. Just see where the road takes you! Or, you know, plan it out ahead of time. You could get away for a day or make a whole weekend of it.
- Antiquing anyone? Go on a day trip! Antiquing not your thing? Make up a different excuse to go on a day trip…even if it’s for the most delicious ice cream.
- Look for a local craft fair or farmers market.
- Play tourists! See your town or city from a new perspective. Dressing the part is encouraged for couples who know how to live a little.
- Tastings! Beer, wine, cheese, syrups (Gilmore Girls fans where are you?), soups, chocolate… you get the idea.
- Go to a movie. Pair it with food or drinks so that you can all socialize as well. This could be a good double date when you aren’t sure you have things to say to the other couple. Let the movie provide an instant topic of conversation.
- See a show. Theatrical performances are loads of fun plus there is an intermission for socializing with your group.
- Miniature golf is always a good idea. Well, maybe not in the cold but yeah. Always.
- Try a progressive dinner! Have drinks, appetizers, entrées, and desserts…all at different places! Note: keep an eye on cost with this one and cut back where needed.
- Is the heat creeping up on you? Get out on the water! Go boating, tubing, skiing, canoeing, wakeboarding, or whatever else you can think of.
- Escape to the beach. Enough said.
- Is the snow falling? Take a snowboarding or skiing trip as either a day trip or weekend getaway.
- Bundle up and go ice-skating. Even if all of you are terrible at it, you’ll have fun laughing at (I mean with) each other as you fall.
- Not too graceful on the ice? Get retro with some roller-skating.
- Go to a bar or party. Nights out on the town are always better in groups. Just make sure that you are going somewhere that you all feel comfortable otherwise you risk one or more people not having fun.
- Visit the aquarium. You like fish, they like fish, and we secretly all want to find Nemo.
- Go to the zoo because everyone likes looking at cute animals.
- Play some pool, air hockey, darts, or what have you at a local establishment. Friendly competition encouraged!
- Grab your fellow outdoorsy couple and go hiking or rock climbing.
- Go bowling! A good excuse to try on other peoples’ shoes and a friendly competition.
- Channel your inner child by playing some laser tag. Eat some pizza afterwards for the full effect.
- Check out a museum. There are museums for all sorts of things. Find one that interests everyone or pick a few and get to oohing, ahhing, and stroking your mustache in heightened interest.
Almost any date can be turned into a fun double date with a few tweaks. Remember, the goal is to find something that would be fun for the whole group and allows you all the chance to socialize. Partaking in an activity can help eliminate potential awkwardness on initial dates and just give you something to do. If the double date doesn’t seem to be going well, don’t feel too bad. These things happen. Know that you tried, make your excuses for cutting the outing short, and don’t give up on double dates!
Heyy App Available on App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heyy/id797887169
Visit our Website: http://heyyapp.com/
#doubledates #relationship #dateideas