1. Ice skating. It’s an activity and a good excuse to hold hands! What more could you want? Extend the evening by following it up with a hot beverage of your choice.
2. Is it snowing out? Yes Elsa wants to build a snowman! And make a snow angel. Or, you know, take turns shoveling the sidewalk.
3. Decorate ornaments.
4. Make a gingerbread house, castle, tree, truck, or whatever else you can come up with to showcase your creativity. Is your gingerbread creation falling apart? Just go with it. Add a dinosaur toy or super hero to the scene to explain away any damage.
5. Make hot chocolate. Better yet, make spiked hot chocolate. Feeling competitive? See who has the best hot chocolate recipe.
6. Bake cookies. Everybody likes cookies.
7. See the lights. Several places have light tours (catch some Virginia and Maryland ones) or create your own tour! Make it a goal to find the “best dressed” house in your neighborhood.
8. Go caroling. Don’t like singing or think other people don’t like your singing? Sing louder. Or lip sing to recordings. Up to you.
9. Volunteer. There’s nothing quite like giving back, especially during the holidays.
10. Decorate your house for the holidays. Already done with that? Snag some good deals on more decorations as an investment in future holiday bliss.
11. Watch holiday movies. Hot chocolate optional. Cuddling encouraged.
12. Go holiday shopping, even if it’s just “window shopping.”
Any other holiday date ideas? Share them in the comments!
#dateideas #holidays #love